The Property Manager will be based out of the Charlotte office and will manage approx 1M +/- sq ft of shopping center assets. Responsible for executing on the Company’s platforms, policies, and procedures, visiting and verifying maintenance at each assigned property, manage capital projects, property financial performance, and work closely with Construction and Leasing to help complete ongoing projects.
- Responsible for complete shopping center- appearance, maintenance, tenant relations. Establish relationships with tenants to ensure quality property management service.
- Respond to tenant issues and arrange for work to be completed, documenting correspondence, work orders, perform follow ups and see through to resolution.
- Coordinate turnover of tenant spaces upon new lease execution and when tenant is vacating the center.
- Professionally correspond with tenants in person, via phone and email and in a timely manner.
- Maintain and update building, financial and maintenance information in the appropriate software platform.
- Review and process invoices for timely payments
- Enter Work Orders into our WO system with all appropriate documentation and effectively manage the process until those are completed and properly closed
- Contact vendors and arrange for repairs after approvals.
- Source vendors and potential contractors for projects at the shopping centers.
- Establish contractor and vendor relationships, be familiar with and manage contractual obligations.
- Bid small projects. Meet bidding vendors onsite to negotiate maintenance contracts or projects.
- Verify scope of work for projects with the construction manager or VP Construction.
- Coordinate with appropriate contractors to ensure compliance.
- Understand the landlord responsibilities related to property management, tenant buildouts and timelines.
- Maintain and document all fire and life safety compliance requirements for each property.
- Manage annual and multi-annual inspections as required by jurisdiction.
- Establish relationships with the local jurisdictions, police, fire departments, permit offices, etc.
- Effectively manage key internal relationships with other internal departments, i.e., Construction, Legal, Leasing, Accounting, Marketing, Asset Management, etc.
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field
- Clean Driving Record
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, Teams), Salesforce
- Experience in Yardi and Procore is a plus.
- Must be available nights and weekends to respond to emergencies in a timely manner.
- Must be able to travel 25-50% of the time
What We Offer:
- Competitive Salary
- Medical, Dental, Vision
- Disability, Accident and Life Insurance
- 401(k) with company match
- Paid Time Off and Paid Holidays
- Company Car